Saturday, October 6, 2007

Week in review...actually more than a week, but who's counting?

Things are great around the Mason household. Basically back to normal after a fun-filled IMPACT weekend last Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We had 9th grade girls stay over here and they were so, so sweet...I love them already and I'm just getting to know them. I had four girls total, which was a really cool thing because I was able to spend some individual time with each of them. This year's emphasis was on evangelism and boy was it convicting. It was very eye-opening to "lead" a group in the mall on Saturday and shake like a leaf when trying to talk to people. I feel remorse for the time that I've wasted when I should be telling everyone that'll listen what Jesus has done in my life. But this is a good thing...I feel like I've been motivated into action. I may not stand on street corners any time soon, but I can at least hand out tracts or invite someone to church. It should also be noted that my super fantabulous mother stepped up to the plate once again and stayed over for IMPACT with us. She's great (and also a faithful reader of this blog - HI MOM).

This week marks my second at the new job and I LOVE IT. Such a great atmosphere - laughing, joking - people seem genuinely happy. I'm not doing much of anything that seems important, but hey - that's cool with me. I spend most of my time helping Ali, a Muslim gentleman from Jordan. We've had some interesting conversations about the differences in our faith and I pray daily that the Lord will change his heart. He knows a lot about the Christian faith as his wife is a Christian (believe me, I've had a ton of questions about how their relationship works with such differences in faith). I don't know what kind of an affect our talks has on Ali, but I just pray that the Lord will use me in some way.

Tonight mom, Megan and I headed to the mall for some Christmas shopping (I want to be done WAY in advance for obvious reasons this year). It was lots of fun, even if I did prove to NY&Co's entire staff that I have the worst case of pregnancy brain known to man kind...but that's a LOOONNNGGG (and pretty boring) story, so I wont go there. I just have to say that Megan and Mom were very patient with me as I went back in the store for a second time because I "changed my mind" about purchases I made 10 minutes beforehand. DUH! Anyhoo - it was good to hang out with them - we always have fun together. Megan is spending the night tonight and we're all heading to the County Fair tomorrow - should be fun!

Baby is doing well (I assume...she sure moves around a lot) and I feel great! I head to the doctor on Tuesday for my diabetes screening and checkup. I can't believe I'm in the 3rd trimester already! I praise God for this miracle! Now if we can just make some progress, any progress, on her room - we'll be in good shape (what can I say - we're unorganized by nature).



1 comment:

Jessie said...

You are going to love having your mom and sister around baby girl arrives!!! What a blessing to have a close family.