Thursday, October 11, 2007

Alas - no candy apple for me :-(

Got the call from the OB nurse today letting me know that my blood sugar was elevated after my glucose screening on Tuesday. Not good. In fact, it was quite elevated...they consider it a problem for your level to be above 140 and mine was 175. So - I have to go back in Wednesday for the 3-hour test which will work like this:

No food or drink after 10pm Tuesday night (sips of water are the only exception).

Blood drawn at 9am Wednesday.

Another round of super sweet fruit punch.

Blood drawn at 1 hour, 2 hour and 3 hours after I drink punch.

Then I'll know for sure. If I do have diabetes, I'll be sent to a nutritionist who will tell me what my new (strict) diet will look like. In the meantime (between now and when I find out for sure), it's no "concentrated sweets" for me. Suddenly the fair has lost it's appeal.

Seriously, I would appreciate your prayers. Of course, I don't WANT to have this, but if I do, please pray that I would be able to control it with my diet and that I'll be very disciplined in that area (which is NOT my strong suit).

I'll keep ya posted!

No comments: