Saturday, September 22, 2007

So I'm bad at this whole blog thing...

...but in my defense, things have been a bit busy. I picked up a temporary full-time job on the 11th, thinking that it was going to last until December. It was the whole 40-hour, office-work type thing out in Mebane. Needless to say, three months ended up being 2 weeks. But, I have to admit, I was relieved because #1 the drive was a bit much and #2 I just wasn't "clicking" with the people there. I consider myself pretty easy to get along with, and it's not like anyone there was rude or mean or anything, but it just didn't feel like a good situation to me. Lots of talking behind each others back, cursing, yelling from the boss (not at me, thank heavens...I don't think he knew I existed)...just things I'm not used to in a work environment. This taught me a couple of things. First of all, I took my old place of employment for granted...BAD. I was there for 8 years and really got along great with everyone. I had three awesome Christian girlfriends there, one of which changed the way I look at a lot of things. It was a laid back, fun place to work and I just didn't appreciate it the way I should have. And secondly, I also learned that I lack faith. Plain and simple. When I found out that the job was ending (yesterday was my last day), I went into an all-out panic about finances. Although I was relieved that I wasn't going to spend another 8+ weeks at that particular job, I had been counting on that salary. Not that we would have been starving, by any means, but I had planned on having some extra income until the baby is born for various reasons. So I was literally FREAKING out - talking it to death with anyone who would listen (be glad I didn't blog during those few days), crying, the whole nine. Of course, I also prayed and prayed some more, which is a good thing.

Anyhoo - fast forward to yesterday when I left work. There was a message on my cell phone from the staffing place that she had another job opportunity. I called her back and found out that she has a part-time, accounts payable job that is in Durham and will last until December. This really excites me because it's only 20 hours per week, which will give me time to keep up with the housework, etc. And it's in Durham (off Miami Blvd.) which is a wonderful location because of church, mom's house, Brier Creek. So I start Tuesday and I am praying that it goes well.

This whole situation taught me a lot about myself and even though it hurt to realize that I have so far to go in trusting God to take care of me - I count this as a good experience.

In baby news, she's moving around a TON (which I just love). I feel great, have plenty of energy, and am just really enjoying being pregnant. I can't wait to meet the little one!!

And yes, I realize that I haven't finished up my vacation Part II blog...what can I say? I'm a slacker. Sue me.

No comments: