Four sticks, that is. In my poor arm. Actually, the phlebotomist (however you spell that) was great...I don't even think I'll have a bruise. The test was pretty much no fun. I didn't eat or drink anything after 10pm last night except for a couple of sips of water. I went in at 9am and had blood drawn. Then the lady is like "here's the stuff you have to drink...it'll either have no affect or it'll make you feel very nauseous and sleepy." Well, for me it was the latter...sick on the tummy and sleepy. We (James went with me...he's a doll) sat in the waiting room for the 1st hour. After that blood draw, I was able to leave. So we ran a couple of errands and came back for blood draw 3 and then ran another errand before blood draw 4.
After that (it's like 12pm now), I'm HUNGRY. So she tells me to make sure that I go home and eat. So I did as I was told (plenty of protein, nothing sweet) and still ended up getting a little sick (sorry for the TMI). I'm thinking it was the fluctuation in blood sugar...which makes no sense to me. These people think that I have a problem regulating blood sugar, so they make sure I half starve to death, then drink straight sugar, then starve some more, then finally eat? Anyone else see a problem here?
All jokes aside, I'm grateful that God has blessed us with medical care and insurance to allow for tests like these. I may whine and pout about not eating candy apples, but I'm very blessed to have my health. I should know in a few days whether I have diabetes or not and I shall post any and all thoughts on the subject at that time.
In other news, we have found a good home for Mr. Colby (the kitty). This HAS NOT been an easy decision and I've gone back and forth on it a million times. But I really feel like moving Colby to a home without small children (or in this case, any children) is the best plan for him. He will receive lots of love and affection at his new home and I won't be paranoid of him hurting my baby with his jumping, running and occasional paw swipes. I also won't have to worry about him making me fall, as he has almost done three times lately...this would not be good for obvious reasons. I'm sure I'll be a basketcase when he leaves Tuesday (and so will James even if he won't admit it).
Everyone have a great weekend!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I glad that the test is over and I hope all goes well. You are doing so great and looking so great (I'm very envious). Keep up the great work.
As for the cat, I'm sorry that you are giving her away. Although, I am no expert on whether you should, should not keep the cat, but I know it is hard to give up something you love. It is nice to know that she (or he) is going to a nice home.
Post a Comment