Since we're not technically celebrating our 6 year anniversary (been together 8, however) until tomorrow, I have a little time to list some reasons why James is God's perfect man for me...in case next week he totally ticks me off and I need a reminder.
1. He is sincere - he says what he means and means what he says. He's not given to exaggeration and I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if he says it will happen - it will happen. If he says he's feeling a certain way, that's exactly how he feels. This quality is not one that I realized was necessary in a husband until I met James.
2. He is a much better daddy than I am mommy. And I'm okay with it. He's fun and funny and quick on his feet and knows just when to throw out something random to occupy Kendall when she's about to freak out. He's always at doctor's appointments, he gets her to eat her vegetables, he doesn't complain when he comes home late from work and she's fallen asleep in our bed. Seeing them together absolutely melts my heart and I love him 100 times more now that I've seen him as a daddy than I did before Kendall was born.
3. He deals with my chaos. Let's face it - I'm a busy woman. I'm a wife, mother, employee, student, active church member...we are always on the go and he never, ever complains. Even when he's worked a 12 hour shift at work and I tell him at the last minute that he's also signed up to do something for the church. Or when I'm sitting in the middle of every piece of clothing in our closet because I've decided that right-this-very-minute would be the most appropriate time to organize it. Or when I have a complete meltdown because I've had a bad day at work.
4. He lets me have girlfriends. Now, this may seem like a given. And I think it should be. But, the relationship (aka train wreck) that I was in before I met James didn't allow for girlfriends. Or any other type of relationship, come to think of it, but that's beside the point. James not only encourages me to spend time with my besties, but he downright loves them too.
5. He loves my family. It's not every day that you see a family that is as tight as ours...I'm like BFFs with my mom, dad and Meg. And James joins right on in.
6. He came with the best inlaws on the planet. I love them with my whole heart.
7. He tolerates me when I worry about what our biracial family "status" might mean for whatever arbitrary thing I'm focused on. Like, lately it's that I'm worried that if we move to Morrisville, there won't be enough minority children around Kendall and she'll think she's weird. Or if we ever need to go to say, the back woods of Alabama, will we get run out of the town? He always patiently listens to these incoherant ramblings and then changes the subject.
8. He is insanely funny...if you don't know him well, you probably don't realize it because he is a little shy when it comes to letting loose around folks. But he makes me laugh until I cry at least once a week.
9. He lets me run a ceiling fan even though he is 100% convinced that it makes his nose stuffy.
10. He gets me flowers at appropriate occasions like anniversaries and he never forgets to get Kendall a little flower of her own. Today it was beautiful Lilys for me and an itty-bitty orchid for Kendall.
I could list 5,389,299 more reasons why this man gives me butterflies, but my fingers are tired. All I know is that the past 8 years that we've been together have been fabulous and I can't wait for the next 108.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We lived in Morrisville for 3 years. It's way more diverse than you think. I worked in a day care, remember? Trust me you will be fine. Oh, and you are a little bit nutty. Like me. And that is why we are friends. :) Other reasons too.
just getting caught up on some blog reading - I think you are doing great! I don't know James that well - but it sure sounds like he is a KEEPER! Don't worry about racial stuff either - from what I read in the Bible - God doesn't look at the skin color too much! It's underneath that's important! :)
Post a Comment