So I have these heart palpitations and while having them checked out fully, I was referred to a cardiologist. I went back to him today for a follow up and while my heart is fine, he lit into me about my weight. First let me say that he was a super funny guy and he and I really hit it off, so while what he said sounds harsh, it wasn't mean spirited at all. Basically he said I'm fat. Which I already know...no shocker there. But he also said that while I am in good health now, he doesn't want to see me in 30 years for a bypass operation because I didn't take his advice and do something about what is an obvious weight problem. Point taken, Dr. Buchanan. I've got to get my head on straight to make some changes in my overall lifestyle that will result in my being a healthier me. I don't know that I will necessisarily do some sort of "organized" diet, but I am going to make changes that I can hopefully keep. Pray for me - 30 years of bad eating habits won't be easy to fix.
In more lighthearted news, James and I celebrate 6 years this weekend and I've got a little something up my sleeve :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment