Friday, August 6, 2010

Since when does she call me Mom?

I distinctly remember being around 6 or 7 and calling my Mama "Mom" while eating dinner over at a family friend's house (Mama - if you are reading this, it was at Milton and Janet's and I think we were eating fish...don't know why I remember this, but I do).  Anyway - she said "since when do you call me Mom".  Today - as Kendall has called me Mom for the 75th time, I'm wondering the same thing.  I actually refuse to answer to it - I'm Mommy or I'm nothing.

I thought now would be a good time to go over some other Kendall quirks so I'll have a record of them in 5 years when calling me Mom is the least of my worries:

- The child LOVES the grocery store.  Literally every day when we go past Kroger, she wants to stop.  If we run out of anything at home, she says "buy some at the grocery store".  There are 1 of 3 scenarios for grocery shopping.  #1 - She rides on the little bar in front of the cart and "helps" me push the cart.  (Yes I know this probably isn't the safest of options...call social services).  #2 - She insists that I push her in one of those space ship grocery carts that are insanely hard to turn.  #3 - She pushes her own little cart. 

- She is obsessed with Barney on Netflix.  It doesn't matter how many other options I present, she always chooses Barney.  Much to the dismay of everyone that I repeat this story to.

- She wants me to stay in the bathroom with her when she pottys if and only if it's a number 1.  For number 2's, she says "Mommy go way" and I have to step outside while she does her business.  Unfortunately she does not afford me the same luxury.

- The other day I asked her what she does at church.  She said "I want go!  I learn Bible".  I asked her what the Bible teaches us and she said "I love you, Jesus."  My heart melted.  I don't claim to go to a church that does everything right...no church does.  But dag on it - we've got the children's ministry covered.

- She loves to go to the pool.  Thank you to the puddle jumper floatie thing that makes this so much more enjoyable for the whole family.

- She asks at least once a week for a baby sister.

- She still says "koy" for "toy", "in in" for "in there", "fa on" for "come on".  I love it and will not be happy with you if you try to teach her the correct way to say these things.

- She thinks it's really funny when someone passes gas and always blames it on Daddy.  I taught her that and yes I know I'm immature.

I love being her Mommy.  Or Mom.  Whatever.

No comments: