Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Surprise Getaway = WIN!

lI'm not really given to grand romantic displays.  James and I definitely have a spark, but we're that goofy couple that giggles our way through most moments (romantic ones included).  So when I got the wild hair to plan a surprise getaway for my love, I surprised even myself.  It ended up being FABULOUS!  I highly, highly, highly recommend Fiddler's Roost cabins in Galax, VA to any couple that wants to get away for some one on one time. 

We got there Sunday after church and checked in and relaxed and then dinner was delivered  by the owners that evening...they set up the table in our cabin with fresh flowers and candles and delivered a delicious meal.  We slept like babies with the windows opened listening to the rain and enjoying 60 degree breezes.  We woke up to homemade breakfast (again delivered by the owners).  It was just all around fabulous.  James was very surprised and I'm still walking around smiling like a newlywed.  We will definitely be going back.

No comments: