Friday, December 14, 2007

Tardy

So I'm pretty sure the baby is going to be born in January. Why, you ask? I don't know. I have absolutely nothing to base that on other than the fact that I'm not dilated AT ALL and I just don't feel like anything is changing. So, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will be one of those that delivers at 42 weeks.

We went today and got schooled on car seat installation and usage. Very information, although it took forever. I think it's great that they offer that service to us clueless new parents.

I'm out of work until, well, I don't really know when. In my mind I'm thinking I'll go back part time after the little one arrives, but we'll see what my heart says after she gets here. The good news is that my boss has a spot for me if I decide to come back, which makes the "planner" in me feel secure.

Alrighty, I'm about to go put on some Taco Soup for dinner...yum! Gotta love Crock Pot cooking.

4 comments:

sarah said...

I bet you won't go that long...

If you read my blog, I think it was on a Sunday that I made the remark that it didn't seem like I'd ever have the baby. I felt totally like the baby was going to stay settled for another month or so....

Then, on Tuesday, I went to the doc and by Wednesday morning, we had our little monster-boy.

That said....
Enjoy this time. I know it's hard b/c it's so exciting to get a new baby, but it's the last "rest" you'll have for awhile. Even if it is restless, getting up and peeing all the time, uncomfortable, baby-kicking rest. You'll be wishing for more of it in a few short days/weeks!!

Rachel said...

Can we start placing bets. She will be here before you know it. I would like her to come either before next Friday or on/after her due date, that way I can come see you in the hospital (we will be in FL for the long Christmas weekend). If you could work around my schedule that would be great.

Since this is the time of giving advice whether asked for or not here's mine: take lots of naps. 2 or 3 a day would be good. Not because you need to 'rest up' but because you can. Just for the sake of napping.

See you soon!

sarah said...

rachel, are you saying that i am giving unwanted advice. i'll come over there and whoop you (while your toddler whoops my baby)!! :)

i bet december 26th.

and i would like to start thinking about new blog names for after the havin' of the baby. :)

Jennifer said...

PLEASE help with a new name...I'm about as creative as, well, actually I can't even come up with an analogy. See how uncreative I am?