Saturday, December 1, 2007

Doctor visit

My doctor visit went well yesterday...nothing too drastic to report. He said my blood sugar numbers are looking good. Even the high levels that I had been worried about (mind you, when I say "high" I'm talking like 128 when I'm supposed to be at 120) aren't high...he would be worried at a number more like 200. So that was a relief. It's difficult not to sort of obsess about what the number will be after each meal, but if he says I'm good I'll believe him. My blood pressure was also good, although it is a little higher than it has been running. Again, they didn't seen concerned. He says the baby is head down and my cervix is "softening", but not dilated at all yet (which is what he expected at this stage in the game).

That's really about it...you'd think I'd have something more exciting to tell after waiting for the man for an hour, but nope - it was a short visit. My next appointment is Monday, the 10th.

Oh, and let me brag on what a sweet hubby I have. When I got back in the car after my appointment, I noticed a gold box on the front seat. Inside was a little silver charm - you know the ones that look like the child's profile - with Kendall's name engraved. It was a "just because" surprise. Aww! I was really, really touched because James, although very considerate, is usually more of a "wash your car to say I love you" type of person instead of a "surprise you with a piece of jewelry" type of person. It really meant a lot to me.

Now that I'm all teary eyed, I'd better run...

1 comment:

Jessie said...

How sweet of James!!! Husbands are a gift from the Lord.

I'm glad your visit went well.