Friday, December 28, 2007

The good news is...

...she's not going to be born in March, thereby making her the oldest baby to ever be born. The bad news is, it looks like I'm not going to go into labor on my own. Here's the deal:

I went in today for my ultrasound to determine Kendall's weight (she's definitely a she - made sure of that while I was being checked). She is already at 8.5 pounds - give or take 1/2 pound (a 9 pound baby - good gracious!), so the doctor wasn't too keen on letting me progress too much farther overdue. We went back upstairs for him to check me out and I'm not dilated anymore and my cervix is still just a little soft - nothing to write home about. And Kendall is WAY high - not dropping at all. So, he decided that he would offer me an induction date or a scheduled C-section. I opted for the induction. I go in Sunday at 6pm and will start Pitocin on Monday morning if I don't go into labor on my own.

What can you do, you ask? Pray. Pray. And pray some more. I would, of course, love to go into labor before Sunday night and avoid the induction altogether. But please just pray that we'll get through whatever happens - be that C-section or induction or whatever - and that the baby and myself will be healthy. I must admit, I'm scared to death. I'm not one for venturing into the unknown and this is one pretty scary unknown to venture into. I know a couple of my blog readers have been induced and/or have had a C-section, so if you would email me and maybe offer some words of advice or encouragement, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'll keep ya'll posted!

4 comments:

mommastephens said...

yeah, going into labor can be pretty scary but don't be too freaked out or you won't be able to do all you need to do. i was induced with wyatt and then ended up having a csection b/c he wouldn't move. the poticion is not a big deal. they start you low and then increase it so it's not intense until the end (when everything is becomes intense). csection is weird b/c when they give you the drug you can't feel anything from your neck down but it'll wear off and they'll have good meds around to help with the discomfort afterward. they cut really low so your bikini days are not over!! my biggest advice is if you have a csection get moving as quick as possible. walk the room, halls, whereever, slowly. the quicker you start moving the faster you heal and less sore you'll be. i'm excited for you guys! you're gonna make wonderful parents. don't be scared; your coming closer to meeting and holding this precious gift. focus on that!

denise stephens
p/s i bet you didn't know i was a blog stalker! :)

Jennifer said...

Thank you for commenting...it makes me feel better every time I hear a story about induction. I was thinking yesterday that something is "wrong" with me and got kind of down in the dumps about it. But hearing from others makes me feel much better!

And I sure am glad someone reads this thing :-)

mommastephens said...

rob and i miss everyone from bethseda so we try to keep up with what's going on via blogger or myspace. there is nothing wrong with you. these little guys work on their own time and plan! i was due dec 28th and wyatt didn't come until jan 7th. talk about overdue! :) so see there is always a worse pregnancy story. tell everyone at bethseda we said hi. tell ronnie that rob miss him. i'll be stalking! :)

denise stephens

Jessie said...

Jennifer, you are an amazing mommy, however Kendell decides to make her debut.

Hey, DS! You are a good stalker.