Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Countdown is on...

I'm in the home stretch. Even if the baby comes late, the end is still in sight. So today I started thinking of things that I would miss about being pregnant:

  • Feeling her kick. There is no feeling like that in the world. I love to watch my belly jump when she's really moving around in there.
  • Everyone's care and concern over how I'm feeling, if I'm doing too much, if I need anything.
  • Rubbing my belly. All the time. Everywhere.
  • Day dreaming about what she'll look like, what it'll be like to hold her, etc.
  • The camaraderie I feel with other mothers as they share their pregnancy experiences with me.
  • Having an excuse to poke my stomach out.
  • Hearing her heartbeat on the monitor at the doctor's office.

And of course there are some things that I WON'T miss:

  • Tossing and turning at night. Not to mention getting up to use the bathroom AT LEAST 4 times per night.
  • People not even speaking to me, but bending down and speaking directly to my stomach...AWKWARD!
  • Fear of labor (at least once it's over, I'll know what it feels like instead of constantly dreading the unknown).
  • Pricking my fingers (praying that I won't have to do this anymore after delivery a.k.a. diabetes goes away).
  • INDIGESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the whole hair thing is correct, this child will have an AFRO!

In all seriousness, I've been blessed with a really great pregnancy and I thank God for that. I'm almost sad that it's coming to an end....almost ;-)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I agree with you about feeling a baby move in your belly. Although sometimes I have gas and I think is that the baby but then I remember I'm not pregnant.