Sunday, December 16, 2007

Intruder

Last night I finally got around to wrapping Christmas gifts. Near the end of the stack of presents, I realize I had left some gift boxes in the car. So I head out to the garage to get the boxes and catch something moving out of the corner of my eye. I'm thinking it's a frog because I always see frogs near the house when it rains out. So I walk around the car to make sure it is, in fact, a frog and what do I see rounding the corner Nascar style going about 45 mph? A MOUSE!!! Ugh!!!! So of course I hightailed it back inside before the obviously out of control rodent attacked me. I call James in a panic and his grand advice is to "go back and chase it outside". Um, no. So, hoping to get a little sympathy - I call mom. Her advice? Go back and chase it outside!!! HELLO!!! What is wrong with these people that I call family? I'm nine months pregnant with a waddle like no body's business, I'm clumsy as it is and I'm deathly afraid of the mouse climbing my pants leg. I'm NOT going back out into the garage of doom. Negative. Not gonna happen.

Anyhoo - James brought a couple of traps home and tonight after church we rejoiced in the wee little mouse carcass strangled in the trap (sorry if that's gory). However, now I'm EXTREMELY paranoid (I thought I bird singing earlier was a mouse in the house), so I'm thinking of putting the house up for sale. Just kidding...I'm not quite THAT bad. Although complete fumigation doesn't sound like a bad idea...

No comments: