Saturday, October 15, 2011

When Dad's away...

So my dad is on a golf retreat.  And it's James' late week.  So that means Kendall, Raegan and myself invaded mom's house.  Let me tell you - there isn't much I like more than spending the night at my mom's.  There is just something about hanging out in the floor with my girls while my mama and I laugh and joke (and laugh at Kendall doing crazy stuff like wearing my heels with her footy pajamas on).  There was a time in my life when I never would have dreamed that I'd be this content on a Friday night to just hang out with those dear to my heart.  Granted, we did eat Jason's Deli which kicks it up like 5 notches.

Kendall and I have our first birthday party tomorrow for a kid in her class.  I'm a little nervous because I won't know anyone there, but I'm really excited for Kendall to be able to hang with some school friends.  She has blossomed so much already this school year because she's going four days a week as opposed to last year when she went only 2 days.  It absolutely amazes me to be driving down the road and have her point out letters or to hear what she learned in chapel or to hear about who stayed on green and who got on red.

Raegan's cold seems to have cleared up, which makes me really happy.  It's pitiful to see your babies not feeling well, especially this little.  She was talking up a storm earlier tonight.  She likes playing patty cake with her feet...she sort of semi laughs when we "throw em in the pan".  Children's laughter makes the world go round, I think.

No comments: