Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fair

Yes I know "fair" doesn't start with C.  I'm taking a detour to talk about how fun the fair was this year.  We haven't gone in years and have never taken Kendall.  We decided to go on Monday afternoon/evening since the weather was absolutely beautiful and James was off.  So off we went!  Despite the fact that we spent $40 (parking and ride tickets) before we ever even walked in the gates, we had an unbelievable time.  We headed straight to the kiddie rides and Kendall loved everything we got on.  She has never rode anything except for a carousel at the mall, so I wasn't really sure how she'd react.  I shouldn't have worried - she is gonna be my little dare devil.  She did the bungee jump thing, rode the helicopters, monster trucks, little roller coaster, ferris wheel - we had a blast.  We ate corn, sausage dog, fries, cotton candy, candy apple and then checked out the animals.  Kendall liked the baby pigs and chicks.  She wasn't very interested in the baby cow drinking his dinner (EWWWWW MOMMY!!!!), so that was a teachable moment about how God created mommies to feed babies (so glad she didn't say "well you don't feed Raegan that way").  Raegan fell asleep 2 different times - it was our first try wearing the Baby Bjorn and she loved it.

As we were heading out of the animal area, I happened upon the most delicious fair food find of the century - itty bitty cinnamon sugar donuts.  So.  Good.  Not sure where they've been all my life, but I shall never go another full year without them again.

We headed out just in time to catch the fireworks from our car.  North Carolina is spending a pretty penny on those fireworks - they were fantastic.

So I'm a fair lover.  So much, in fact, that I talked my sister in law, mother in law and father in law to head back out there today with Kendall and I.  I was off for the day because Kendall had a pumpkin patch field trip today, so after that - we piled in the car and headed back for free can day!  It was a little chilly today, but really perfect fair weather.  Who wants to go to the fair in the heat?  We went in through a different gate this time and checked out the Village of Yesteryear (or whatever that place is called).  It was alright, I guess.  I can see the talent it takes to paint teeny tiny eggs and cut a child's face out of a piece of paper with one single scissor cut while sporting pilgrim garb.

After that I had my first foot long hot dog.  And some mini donuts.  Good grannies those things are good.  We held a baby chick even though I'm pretty sure I'm gonna come down with some sort of bird flu now.  And we rode more rides.  My kid thinks I'm fearless.  Hopefully she won't ask me to ride anything more powerful than the Caterpillar coaster.

No comments: