Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New commitment

So I really want to start blogging on a more consistent basis.  Life is going by at warp speed and I can barely remember my name, much less what happened a week ago.  I want a record of my family's life.  I read on another blog that the mom prints out a copy of the blog each year so that in 10 years she can look back and read about this particular season of her life.  So I think I'm going to have that as my goal.

I've been back at work for a month now.  The first week was bad - I cried and missed my babies.  Now, I'm back in a groove of sorts, but not sure I want to be a working mom.  James and I are revisiting the idea of me being a stay at home mom in January.  Why January?  Because we've already booked a trip to Disney in December and we need mama's salary to help get us there.  We would have one VERY disappointed little girl if that trip doesn't happen.  Plus, for once in my life - I actually want to pray about something for longer than 10 minutes to see what God wants for us.

Sometimes it's hectic getting off work, picking up the babies and getting home - dinner, cleaning up, dishes, baths, play time, Hooked on Phonics, dirty diapers, spit up, hiccups, stealing smooches from my man.  But I really love it.  I love the chaos that having another baby has brought to our life.  I love that we have a shoe basket on the stairs because we're too lazy to take them upstairs.  I love that there is a tricycle and sidewalk chalk on my front porch.  I love that there are pacifiers in the most random places.  I love that there was a CandyLand game on my side table for a week.  I love that Kendall was upset this morning because I had finally folded up the blanket that we used Saturday night for our downstairs sleepover.  I love that at the end of the day, when the kids are in bed and the house is quiet I'm tired.  It's a good tired.  An accomplished tired.

Kendall's favorite new thing is for us to speak to her with a fake English accent and call her Princess Harriet.  It's a game that I made up one morning when she didn't want to get out of bed and it's stuck.  She likes to go outside and ring the doorbell and have me let her in like Princess Harriet is our guest.

I love being a mother.

No comments: