I really can't believe that I haven't posted since Raegan was born. Granted, I have been just a wee bit busy with a new baby, but that's no excuse. Because this blog is intended to remind me of stuff that I'm sure to forget, I need to get down some things about Baby Rae:
- She is an easy going, happy baby. I remember James and I thinking that Kendall was an easy baby. Now we know that she was actually NOT easy compared to Raegan. She cries when she needs something, she sleeps really well, she smiles and coos and loves to snuggle.
- We have had a bit of a struggle with reflux, which we dealt with when Kendall was born too. We're doing good now on Zantac and using GentiLease formula. She eats from 4-6 ounces every 4 hours or so. She has this lovely habit of letting you know that she's finished eating by taking in an entire mouthful of milk and then spitting it all out - it goes everywhere, including under her sweet, chubby neck where it curdles until her next bath. Lovely.
- She has beautiful blue eyes. I don't know if they'll stay blue, but they are truly striking with her complexion and dark hair.
- She is sleeping through the night. She wants to be in her crib at 8pm on the dot and she sleeps until around 5 or so and then eats and naps again until 8ish. James usually hears her first and gets up with her. Which I keep telling him not to do because I feel (somewhat) guilty, but he always reminds me that a) he does much better on less sleep than I do and b) once he hears her, he may as well get up because he can't go right back to sleep anyway.
- Her big sister absolutely adores her. She kisses her all the time (so much so that we have the one kiss and back away rule because Kendall likes to stay in her face way too long and it bothers Rae). She says she is part of our "team" and calls her "our baby". Every now and then she says "Raegan only belongs to our family, right? No one elses?". I pray that they grow up to be the best of friends.
- She has hair for days, but it's starting to fall out. Kendall's did the same thing and came back curly. We shall see.
I am so blessed to have these little girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment