I have a new obsession. Facebook had this nifty idea of creating pages for each county for yard sales. Originally I thought this would just show where/when yard sales would be held in Durham. Nope - now I realize it's actually a yard sale ON Facebook. Sorta like Craig's List, but constantly updating in my little stream on the right.
I am OBSESSED with checking this page. Even though I've been to all of one yardsale in my entire life. I have to check it every time I check my Facebook (which is sadly way too many times a day).
This obsession wouldn't be so bad if there was actually something worthwhile posted. But, nope, Durham's page is the same postings "bumped" over and over and over again. Ever since I joined the group last week, one lady has been trying to sell a complete bedding set decorated with lighthouses, one lady has been trying to sell 4 pair of toddler shoes and 1 pair of adult shoes and one lady has been trying to sell a sectional sofa. I'm most intrigued by the sofa. Or, more specifically, by the exorbitant $800 price tag on this monstrosity. She originally wanted like $840 for it, but she's slashed to her rock bottom price of $800, with financing available. Because nothing reels in potential yard sale purchasers like financing options.
In other news, Raegan has her first little cold. She's sneezing, coughing and snotty. I've taken the blue bulb to her nose no less than 12 times in the last 2 days. She thoroughly enjoys it. Not.
We have also officially decorated with my very favorite harvest vegetable - pumpkins. I've got a truly beautiful blown glass one on my kitchen table (oh Pier One, how I love thee) and 5 on the porch with my mums (aka only plant besides a fern I can keep alive). Kendall and I are also going to the pumpkin patch on a field trip next week, so I'm hoping to score a couple more. I'm a stem girl when pumpkin picking. I love pumpkins with the stems still attached, perhaps with a little curve at the top.
Wonder if I could find any on the Facebook yard sale site?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment