Friday, October 7, 2011

Week in review

While I was on a maternity leave, I had a temp fill in for me.  A very efficient temp.  Named Ryan.  He was super cool and we shared the exact same sense of humor, so working with him was a breeze.  Especially since he was there for 4 weeks when I got back.  And he kept doing my job during those 4 weeks.  So this past week, he was gone and there was nothing to do.  Usually this first week of the month is super busy for me.  Not so much when Ryan the whiz kid does all of your work before his last day.  So the week had been pretty laid back at work.  I've enjoyed multiple Salted Caramel Mocha Fraps, made sure my NetFlix queue was exactly how I wanted it and ordered a 720 pack of wipes for 12 bucks.

James and I were supposed to have a super romantic date night yesterday at Sullivan's.  We have a gift certificate and were going to go check them out while they are running their special menu for breast cancer awareness (because steak and breast cancer go hand in hand - duh).  However, he didn't get off until 9.  I was po'd.  Until he redeemed himself with a sushi picnic and a semi frozen diet coke.  My man knows me, that's for sure.

Tonight my girls and I have enjoyed a laid back evening at home.  Kendall and I made homemade pizza.  Well, homemade for the Mason family - a Pillsbury roll out crust, cheese and pepperoni.  It was delish.  Then we baked homemade (boxed) funfetti cupcakes and decorated them (and smashed them in each others faces...fun!)  Now we're watching Beverly Hills Chiwawa (however you spell that).  Raegan enjoyed a nice bottle, bath, rocking and singing and she's snoozing away.

Life is good.

No comments: