Things have been pretty quiet around the Mason household. I'm feeling good (except for this heinous indigestion...let me guess, it's not going away anytime soon!) and I've been feeling Baby Mason moving around a lot in there. At first I thought it was just my imagination, but it's definitely not. Last night I was poking my stomach (it's cool how hard it's getting...closest I'll ever get to rock hard abs) and the little one poked back!!!
I babysat Joseph Ihlenburg Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday and he's just a joy to be around. Such a content 2-year-old. He minded like a good boy, ate very well, took naps right on schedule and made me laugh a bunch. I'm sorta on standby to fill in when my mom can't watch him, so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy his company again soon.
We celebrated my Granny's (my Donnie dad's mom) birthday last night and that was a real treat. My Granny and Pa weren't exactly thrilled about my marrying outside my race and so I had sort of stayed away from them for a couple of years just to avoid the issue (real mature, right?). Well, about 9 months ago, Granny had a stroke and since then I've been spending lots more time with them and I feel like we've developed a good relationship. I'm thankful that God took a seemingly bad situation and brought something good out of it...He has a way of doing that as you all know. So anyhoo, we had burgers and chips and cake and just hung around laughing and joking - nice evening. James was working, so he couldn't go, but just the fact that he COULD have gone is a huge improvement from a year ago.
This week will be pretty low key - nothing pressing on the agenda. Looking forward to spending lots of time with the hubby because he's off today-Wednesday.
Hope everyone has a good week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment