Wednesday, July 25, 2007

We're Baaack

We made it back from the beach safe and sound at about 8:00 last night. Whew! It's good to be home. Although I've enjoyed being able to hang out at the coast the past two weekends, I'm ready to be home, clean the house, go to my church on Sunday, catch up with people.


Mom and I rode down on Thursday evening before anyone else. We had such a good time on the way down...nonstop chatting. We had dinner at my favorite pizza place and then hung out. Friday we went to the beach (I didn't really want to get in the water...two shark attacks nearby...so I nearly sweated to death) for a couple of hours and then went home for showers and naps. Ronnie came down Friday evening and James came down Saturday evening.

Saturday, mom and I went to the neighborhood next to ours and passed out flyers inviting folks to our neighborhood's worship service on Sunday (for those of you that don't know, Ronnie is leading a time of worship down by the water every Sunday morning...if you're in the Emerald Isle area, you should check it out). We had about 35 people total, which is the most we've had yet - so that was definitely cool. No thanks to me, though. I clammed up when we were passing out the flyers...I have no idea what was wrong with me!


Anyway, Ronnie left Sunday evening and mom, James and I hung out Monday and then she left us also. We went to dinner at a great place in Beaufort and then walked the waterfront for a while (and got attacked by mutant mosquitos...I have like 10 bites, no exaggeration).

Some pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Lovely sunset

James hanging outRonnie getting artistic Mom and I on the beach
James and I before dinner

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Only slightly jealous about the beach trip. Next time you go, don't forget your former singles pastor's wife (Jessie).
Enjoy all the time you can get with James.