Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Check-up tomorrow

So - in an effort to keep up with the Jones' (or more specifically the Dowd's, Pittman's, and other faithful mom-bloggers), I've decided to grace the blogspot world with my presence. This is harder than it looks, but I'm sure you guys already know that. I don't have any cute pictures to put up yet (actually, even if I did, I'm not sure how to post them) and I'm not nearly as witty as the rest of you, but we'll give it a whirl.

James and I have been pretty busy. We just got back from Myrtle Beach Tuesday...his company sent him to a conference and very graciously allowed me to tag along. Not to the conference...only to the super luxurious Hilton resort where I busied myself laying by the pool, eating chicken tenders (very healthy choice) and reading a good Ted Dekker book. We also got to dress up for a fancy dinner that a neighboring country club held...I even sported my first ever maternity dress!

However, right before we left the hotel to go to said dinner party, I had a minor meltdown when I flipped over the magnified make-up mirror that the Hilton provides and noticed that I'm turning into a gorilla. Now, I've heard about morning sickness, acne, back pain, and crying spells...but growing a full beard?? This can't be happening. Of course, the always sympathetic James laughed out loud before deeming my new facial hair "cute". Puppies are cute. Babies are cute. The extra tiny gummy bear that finds it's way into every bag is cute. An Abe Lincoln beard on your pregnant wife that is trying very hard to look radiant for your co-workers is NOT cute. Ahh, the joys of pregnancy.

In all honesty, hitting the 2nd trimester has been fantastic. I feel 100% better...more energy, less gagging, appetite back to normal. And I've relaxed some and actually allowed myself to get excited. Because of the miscarriage, I was very tense at first, to say the least. But God is so good...He patiently listened to all of my fears and then reminded me, ever so gently, that He is in control of not only my future, but the future of this child. Instead of rejoicing in the miracle of the pregnancy, I was consumed with fear, which was sinful. So, even though I still have moments of fear and doubt, I praise our Father for blessing us with this precious gift. He is so good!!

I officially hit the 17 week mark tomorrow and head in for a check-up. Can't wait to hear that sweet heartbeat again! That's the best sound ever, no doubt about it. Then, I'm having lunch with my brother and heading back down to the beach with mom. Ronnie is joining us Friday (he'll preach Sunday) and then James is joining us Saturday night when he gets off work. We'll come back Tuesday and hopefully I'll have some pictures to share (if I can figure out how to post them)!

Okay, I'm finally done. Sorry this was so long...first time jitters made me ramble.




2 comments:

sarah said...

hello!
i'm soooo glad you have a blog. now, i can stalk you. although, by leaving this comment, i am officially not a blog-stalker. :)

congrats on getting knocked up. you guys will be wonderful parents! hope to see you soon!

Jessie said...

I'm so excited to have another blog to check out on a daily basis (note daily). I can't wait to have cute pictures and you'll figure it out. It isn't terribly complicated because I can do it and I'm no computer geek.
Have fun.