Saturday, April 12, 2008

Facelift

I gave the ole' blog a facelift. Didn't hurt a bit.

Been busy around the Mason household. Kendall had her first pictures taken at Portrait Innovations...they turned out SO WELL! Definitely recommend that place. We did have to wait for a while, which had me in panic mode because when we got there, Kendall was in the PERFECT picture mood. But, it turns out her smiles stuck around through the wait.

She is also a future gymnast. Miss Thang has already rolled over back to front and front to back! No more laying her on the couch while I do laundry (I'm a bad mommy, I know). She's gotten such a cute little personality over the last couple of weeks. Smiling and laughing and talking (loudly!!)...it's so precious. They really do grow so fast!

On the job-front - I had an interview on Thursday for a permanent position at Quintiles (right now I'm still a temp). It went well except for the fact that it was the LONGEST INTERVIEW I'VE EVER HAD!! It lasted an hour and I have to go back for a 2nd interview to meet the "big boss" on Monday. I'm praying that the Lord will slam this door shut on my little fingers if this isn't what He wants for me.

I'm finding it difficult to stop eating. For those of you that haven't seen me, I wound up like 20 pounds lighter than my pre-baby weight...probably due to the diabetic diet I was on while pregnant. However, 6 pounds have already creeped back on and I can't seem to stop stuffing my face. Please pray that I will have self control when it comes to food...I don't want to gain that weight back...in fact, I'd like to lose about 20 more. Why is it so difficult??

Kendall is sleeping through the night every single night now, so that's been great for us. For a while there we were splitting up the night so that each of us could get consecutive hours of sleep...which meant that we weren't sleeping together very often at all. It feels good to sleep with my hubby again...and I do mean sleep. After being sleep deprived, I think you sleep better than you ever did before!! (I said sleep like 95 times in that paragraph...sorry about that).

Hope everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

A year later and Jonathan still hasn't had his picture taken professionally (not even wal-mart). Andrew had one taken 1 month, 6 months, and a year. I keep telling myself I'll do it next week.

I am going to do it next week.

Kendall's pictures are beautiful. I'll be praying for all the other stuff too.

sarah said...

blog looks good.
kid looks good.
i'm sure you look good, too.
:)

are you having fun?!?!?

Rachel said...

I'll be praying for you starting back to work full time--you start the smae day we do!!!

I like the new look.

I can't give any diet advice--you've seen me.