Friday, February 8, 2008

Dirty baby...

...is what my kid is destined to be if I go back her reaction to bath time thusfar. My girl FREAKS out! I just have to get it done as quickly as possible, while still paying attention to all those nooks and crannies (like under her neck...her least favorite part to get washed and coincidently the part that mommy is obsessed with cleaning). Don't believe me? Check out her reaction below:

Mommy what are you doing to me??
This is much better!
All clean and happy once again!
Even a little smile for you!

Besides bathtime, Kendall is doing well. She's eating well and gaining weight the way the doctor's want. She sleeps pretty good, too. Getting her to sleep in her bassinet it something of a chore, but we're getting there. Her daddy is the only one that she'll do it for, though. She's starting to respond with smiles and little noises, which just fills my heart to overflowing! I never knew you could love someone so much this quickly. We are blessed beyond measure.
I'm doing well, too. I go back to work the 19th part time at the place I was at before Kendall was born. I'm pretty excited about it because I made some good friends there and I'm looking forward to seeing them again. It's going to be hard to leave Kendall, but my mom is going to take excellent care of her. The best part is that my boss was willing to work with me, so I can have every Monday off. That works out great because James has Sundays and Mondays off, so we'll be able to spend that time together.
He's been sick the past couple of days. I wanted him to go check into a hotel to make sure his germs didn't get on my precious Kendall, but he wasn't really feeling that. He wasn't really feeling me spraying him with Lysol yesterday either, but such is life!
We have our first date night the 18th! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I've been thinking about it for weeks now! It's funny how much we took that time together for granted before the baby was born.
Now, I'm off to try and get a shower while Kendall is being a happy camper! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh my she has the cutest little face ever. Next time I see you I will definitely have to get my hands on her--I can only have so much restraint.

Don't worry, the bath thing gets easier. Unless your child is Kirby--but she's not so no worries. :)