Thursday, January 17, 2008

Old Lady

Tuesday Kendall celebrated her 2 week birthday! She's getting so old! Seriously, she already looks and acts differently than she did when we brought her home. It's amazing.

Things are going pretty well. She finally gained some weight (she's up to 7 pounds, 6 ounces) so we don't have to go back to the doctor until February. Praise God for insurance!!

Unfortunately, breastfeeding just didn't work out for me. I was pumping and feeding her expressed milk until yesterday when it seems I ran out of milk...don't know what's up with that. Never heard of it happening before, but it did. She was on Enfamil GentLease as a supplement anyway and she seems to be liking that, so we'll stick with it. Maybe I'll have better luck with the breastfeeding next go round.

James and I have worked out a 1st shift, 2nd shift system that seems to be working well for us as far as sleep. He takes care of her during the first part of the night and I take care of her the second part. That way we both get uninterrupted sleep for a few hours. Kendall is a really good baby...we've only had one actual "sleepless" night so far. "So far" being the key phrase here...I'm not naive enough to think my sleepless nights are over with!

The precious thing is sleeping right now. We wore her out with a bath and I royally ticked her off by pulling out the blue bulb and sucking her nose. She was FURIOUS! But, I'm sure breathing much much better after the removal of those boogies she had. Yes, folks - I'm officially a mom...I say things like boogies.

Hope everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

sarah said...

Just wait until you find yourself singing songs about poop. Some of my favorites are:

"Poops, I did it again" and "Poop, there it is!"

Even when there is no poop, I catch myself reciting "poop shocka locka shocka locka shocka locka shocka poop!!"

good times....

Jessie said...

Only you Sarah would sing Poop rap/hip hop.

Jen, you are doing a great job. She sounds like a sweet baby.

sarah said...

hey - hope things are going well. haven't seen you in cyberspace lately. the internets miss you!