Monday, February 25, 2008

Here's the happenings...

So I'm guilty of pretty much never posting (as April pointed out this week at church). Thought I'd bring everyone up to speed on the haps at the Mason house.

Most importantly, Kendall is doing great! She had her one month check up and she was growing like she's supposed to (up to 8 pounds, 12 ounces) and all my neurotic mommy questions were answered to my satisfaction. She was given Zantac for Reflux, which has definitely helped. She wasn't a spitter, but you could tell that milk was coming up in her throat and causing her pain. She refused to lay on her back, gagged, made horrible faces, etc. So, luckily we're all good on that. She was also diagnosed with something called laryngomalacia (see here for more info on that) http://www.cssd.us/body.cfm?id=464 which she should grow out of. They (thankfully) didn't find it necessary to run the scope like the link talks about, so we're keeping an eye on it and everything should be fine. She goes for her first shots next Monday. Hopefully all will be okay with that, although I'm quite worried about how I'm going to handle seeing her scream :-)

Here's a pic of her cute self smiling:




My girl also likes to sprawl out when she takes a nap...doesn't she look comfy?


Here's a family picture we took a couple of weeks ago:


In other news, James and I had our first date night last Monday. Prestonwood had an employee appreciation dinner at a really nice hotel and spa, so mom kept Kendall while we got all dressed up for dinner. It was wonderful to get away and spend one on one time with James. I met lots of his coworkers and just had an all around good evening...I also ate like a pig. Here's a shot from that evening:

I started back to work last week and that went really well. It was interesting the first couple of days trying to figure out a routine, but I think we've gotten it down now. It was good to be back with some friends that I had made before maternity leave, but kind of sad to leave Kendall at mom's. I'm going to give this a shot, but if we feel like it's not working out for us, it's back to pinching pennies for the Mason's. I'll keep you posted on that.

Alright - it's off to bed for me. Hope everyone is doing well out there in cyberland.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the update...I'm going to try to do the same. I think you must be doing something right because that Kendall is absolutely adorable. Like I said before, I will snatch her up from whoever is holding her on Sunday and get my turn. And when you aren't watching I might just bring her home. :) Don't call the police, just come get her after a few hours at my house.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn!!! YOu guys look like you are doing great! I have lost everyone's email address, so if you get a chance (since you aren't busy...ha ha!) Send me an email so I can keep up with you.
The baby is precious, I just cannot believe how she's growing. I love that little smile...cherish these times, they go by so quickly. I'll send you some pics of Sarah Beth soon! Love you! Jenn Woodyard Stevens

Jessie said...

She is beautiful!!!!

I wish I could hold her and enjoy the baby baby phase. That phase is fun when it's someone else's baby.