Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hilton Head Vacay

I have to thank my fabulous husband for introducing me to my favorite place on earth.  He first took me to Hilton Head back when we were dating and I fell in love with it then and we've been blessed to be able to go back every year since.  This year, my parents were able to join us, which was a super big deal because I can't remember the last time we've had a full week family vacation.  We headed down on a Saturday (6 hour drive...worst part of HH).  We rented bikes, which is like the thing to do down there.  The first bike ride almost killed me because we were riding to a restaurant and we really didn't know where it was and ended up going like 6 miles and I'm WAY out of shape.  While we were there we enjoyed the beach, the pool, more biking, Harbour Town, golf (for the men folk), shopping, lots of yummy food, and rest.  Meg ended up surprising us by coming down for a few days and it was so great to be laughing and relaxing with everyone.  I can't wait until next time!

Kendall had the absolute time of her life - she loved the petting zoo, the beach, the dance off she had with another little girl at the outlet mall (Kendall dominated of course), and uninteruppted time with her family.  Every single day since we got back, she's asked "What was your favorite part of Hilton Head".  She always says her favorite part was the beach, animals and pool.

We came from vacation and jumped right back into our busy, busy lives, but we love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: