Saturday, November 20, 2010

I don't suck at posting on purpose...

...it just seems to work out that way.  Life has been pretty busy lately.  Some fun stuff, some not so fun stuff.  Recaps:

- Kendall is fabulous - she tries my patience and gets her fair share of discipline (like last night when she thought it would be a good idea to throw a water bottle at my head after I asked her to put it down), but she's smart, funny, loving, curious and extremely cool to be around on most days.  She's doing 1/2 days of preschool twice a week at Grove Park and we love it.  I do find it odd that Mrs. Denise says she's one of the quiet students...she must save it all up for when she comes home or something because quiet she ain't. 

- James is enjoying the beginning of a slower winter season.  His business is always extremely busy during the summer and it slows way down in the winter and he's able to enjoy some time off.  As evidenced by his boy's getaway this weekend with his BFF (wait - do men say BFF?) in Charlotte, checking out the Bobcats and the Panthers.  I miss him when he's gone, but he is always so gracious about allowing me my girl's time that it's only fair that I return the favor.

- Work has calmed down now that the coworker that was on maternity leave has returned.  I almost kissed homegirl's feet when she came back because work has not been fun for Jennifer while she's been gone.  But I gained valuable knowledge and experience so it really was a good situation.  Plus, she and I are now solid work friends and I definitely needed another one...they are scarce for me at Quintiles for some reason.  Perhaps my charm just isn't welcome there??

- I'm enjoying couponing this holiday season.  I've caught some great retail deals and have done a large portion of my Christmas shopping online (with free shipping of course) using coupon codes that I've found.  It's been way less stressful to shop from my couch, that's for sure.

- I'm really looking foward to Thanksgiving this coming week.  I love Christmas for obvious reasons, but Thanksgiving is a fun, relaxing holiday.  We'll celebrate at mom's like usual...Kendall and I go over early on Thursday and look at the sale papers and drink coffee (well, Kendall doesn't do either of these, but you get the idea) and cook and just enjoy being together.  James has to work during the day, so we won't eat until dinner time.  Then Friday I'll say that I'm going to go shopping, but I won't.  Then Saturday - Monday, we're going to the beach with James' parents which will be very fun, too.

I hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: