We've been having so much fun enjoying summer that I've forgotten to blog anything about it!
Let's see - there has been a beach trip, which was fabulous. We went down with my parents and ended up spending time with not only family, but some of our best friends, too. Kendall love, love, LOVED the beach. The water, the sand, the critters, the shells - all of it. And I was very proud of myself that I didn't get sunburned! Well, okay - there were two strips on my shoulders that I neglected the first day, but that's really good for me!
It was a bittersweet trip because Ronnie wrapped up his beach ministry for a while, at least. Last year at this time, I really thought they were going to move there permanently, but I think God had other plans for them. Isn't He cool like that?
I've also turned the big 3-0 since my last post and I must say I still feel a solid 24. Age ain't nothin but a number, right?
We've enjoyed lots of time outside - blowing bubbles, taking walks, going to the pool. I was even blessed with the special experience of finding a tick on myself for the first time in those aforementioned 30 years. Those that know me well know that I FREAK OUT about pretty much everything and this was no exception. Ticks have ALWAYS wigged me out, combined with the fact that someone in James' extended family actually died from a tick bite and you have one insanely freaked out mama.
Looks like Kendall will be taking some dance classes this summer. We checked out a recital of a dance school in Raleigh on Friday night and I was way impressed with the whole thing - it was all very classy and age appropriate as far as the costumes and the dances - really a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other dance school performances I've seen in recent years. You probably don't know this about me - but I danced for years and years and years growing up - competed and the whole nine, so of course I would LOVE it if Kendall took to dancing. We'll see - I will not be that mom that forces my kid to do something she doesn't enjoy, but Kendall was mesmerized for the entire 3 hour show and she loved Little Gym (and this is half the price of Little Gym which makes me really happy) so we'll give it a whirl.
I think that's about all for now. How is your summer going?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment