Last night we went out with my in-laws to celebrate their anniversary. On the way home, we happened upon an accident - a young woman had hit a biker and we literally drove by right after it happened. Of course we stopped and I jumped out the car and called 911. James stayed back at the car with Kendall. The poor guy was just a mess...very bloody, not really coherent, moaning, etc. (Please pray for him - not sure of the outcome as we left after the police and paramedics arrived). Kendall didn't see any of this, but was aware that something bad had happened.
Anyway - as we pulled off, of course Kendall wanted to know what happened. So we told her (in 2 year old terms) and dropped it. Well, this morning, she's still talking about the accident. We've prayed together for the victim and talked about safety, etc. but I really think she may be semi-traumatized by the whole thing. And I think that she thinks we're the ones that hit the biker. She keeps saying "hit man daddy's car". I keep telling her that we just stopped to help, but she's not getting that part.
I love a good learning experience, but this is one we could have skipped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment