Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Preschool

Today I put Kendall on the waiting list for preschool.  I can't believe she's even old enough to go to preschool...seems like yesterday I was complaining because I didn't think she'd ever come out of my ginormous belly and now she's gonna be learning all sorts of stuff away from the comfort of Mommy, Daddy or Nana.  It makes my heart hurt, but I'm really excited that she will be able to go to a Christian preschool that will teach her about Jesus and that she'll be able to "ease" into the school routine by going only part of the week for half days.  I'm sure that being around other kids in a structured environment will help with her diva tendencies (or either they'll kick her out).  She is such a special little kid...I know all moms think that about their children, but for real, she is ;-)

In other news, the Grove Park Inn was fabulous.  I literally cried while we were at the spa.  It was just so unbelievably beautiful.  I know it won't be a trip that we can take again for a long, long time, but I'm really glad we got a chance to go and experience such a cool place together.

My in laws celebrated their 45th anniversary yesterday.  I got a text from my mother-in-law (she's so tech savvy) with a picture of two identical greeting cards...turns out they both bought each other the same card, which of course made me cry (I cry a lot lately).  They are such a sweet couple and sometimes I'm very much overwhelmed by the fact that God decided to bless me with not only fabulous parents, but also fabulous in laws. 

Speaking of fabulous parents, Ronnie was in an accident last week.  He is okay, but his car was totaled.  It sort of made my stomach hurt to think of what could have happened, so I was really glad to be able to give him a long hug and tell him how much I love him and how glad I am that he wasn't hurt.

We celebrate moms this Sunday and I'm excited to be able to hang with my mama this weekend.  We spent some really good time together last week as well...it's always good for my soul to hang with my mama - she's funny and wise and beautiful and above all, Godly and obedient to Jesus.  I tell you - every time I call her and ask what she's doing, it seems like she's reading the Bible...and that shows in her. 

Enough for now - hope all is right with my blog readers (you do exist, don't you??)

1 comment:

Kellie said...

exist - yes! I'm checking in on you - thanks for updating. Hope your Mother's Day was fabulous!