Friday, April 16, 2010

Date Weekend

For those of you that don't know, my sweet husband works in country club management.  One of the things that country club manager people do is join CMAA - Club Managers Association of America.  This association offers training and retreats and that sort of thing.  Sometimes the retreats take place in really cool places and the wifeys get to go along for the ride.  This weekend is one of those occasions and I get to tag along with James to Asheville and we're staying at the Grove Park Inn!  I am so very, very excited for lots of different reasons.  Want to hear them?  Okay! 

  • James and I have been together almost 8 years and we've never been to the mountains together.  Yay for higher elevation with your love!
  • We need a get away to "reconnect".  We've let the crazy business of life ease it's way into our couple time lately, so it will be good to focus on each other for a couple of days.
  • We get to stay at the Grove Park Inn.  And someone else is picking up the tab, no less. 
  • I get free time to read or take a nap or walk around or whatever I want to do while James is in class.  He actually was thoughtful enough to ask me if I'll "be okay" while he's in his classes.  Um.  Something tells me I'll be just fine.
  • We don't have to worry about whether our sweet girl is safe.  We are so, so blessed with parents that truly enjoy spending time with Kendall.  She will stay with James' parents on Saturday night and my parents on Sunday.  She is sure to have a blast with both.
I hope everyone has a fabulous, restful weekend.  I shall think of you while I enjoy the mountain views.

No comments: