I can't recall a time when I have greeted warm weather with such excitement. I'm pretty sure it's because being outside brings my Kendall such absolute joy! We have literally spent HOURS outside since the weather broke. So far we've blown a million bubbles (who knew dish soap and straws would work so well), drawn lovely pictures with sidewalk chalk, road Dora (her power wheel that she's figured out how to ride backwards down our steep driveway), played basketball, met 2 new neighborhood friends (very sweet girls that asked permission to come and play in my driveway), fingerpainted (which I think I enjoyed more than I should have) and filled up the sandbox with new sand. We even battled some wasps today and kicked them to the curb so we could enjoy our front porch without that buzzing.
I truly feel like God gave us the seasons as a way to show His love. Just at the point where we are so very tired of cold rains and 2-hour delays He sends us warmth, tulips, and the smell of fresh cut grass. He knew those things would make us happy and rejuvenate us and give us time outdoors as a family. Then just at the point where we're tired of sweating, He sends us the crispness of fall with crunchy leaves and bright orange pumpkins. I am just amazed at His Creation here lately. So very beautiful.
We've got a fun filled weekend lined up. Tomorrow we are meeting some of our besties for lunch at Mad Hatters and a trip to the Museum of Life and Science. Then Sunday we celebrate Jesus at Cross Culture, hunt for eggs and enjoy time with Nana, Papa, and Mimi for lunch. I'm really excited for all of those things. We have been so very blessed with unbelievable family and friends and I love the fact that Kendall is surrounded by people that love Jesus and love our family.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment