...my never ending People magazine subscription?
I've always loved People magazine. I read it cover to cover and although I know there are those that think it's a junk magazine - I would definitely disagree. Not saying everything that's printed is especially important, but they do write some really good articles and generally don't print things that turn out to be false. I used to pick up the magazine whenever it caught my eye at the grocery store, but couldn't justify the $100+ price tag on a yearly subscription.
So shortly after James and I got married there was a giveaway at his job and he came home and surprised me with a year-long subscription to People! I was so excited and enjoyed getting my magazine every week. That was 4 years and one move across town ago and I'm still getting People every week. I've never paid a dime.
Now - I know you're tsk tsking me right now, but I have honestly called People more times than I can count to tell them that I'm getting the magazine for free and to ask them to bill me or to explain why the magazine keeps coming. Every single time they've told me that they are not sure what's going on and that someone will call me back and they never have. James laughs at me about this all the time - he says I'm going to go to the mailbox and in place of the magazine will be a $1,000 bill for all the years I've gotten it.
Until then - I shall call People periodically to tell them (again) that I'm getting a freebie and sincerely enjoy every celebrity-filled word.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it! So glad you didn't drop out of doing this. I'm just a little concerned that I may be the only one (well with the exception of Kathleen, Tara and Carly) to have a stalker story.
Now my question is...will you send some of those free People magazines to me when you are done with them?!?! :)
Post a Comment