So I have a knack for picking very smart, creative girlfriends. This was most recently evidenced by my friend Rachel. She is a faithful blogger and I want to be more like that for the few folks that I know read this blog. Her newest idea is to share things that we've never really blogged about. She posted about it on her blog, got suggestions from friends about what random things to write about and posted her first one this week. I shall shamelessly steal her idea each week and write about the same thing.
This week's random blog was: Did I ever tell you about how I picked my children's names". Except in my case - there is only one child, so far.
Kendall Anne - My very favorite girl name in the whole wide world is Maycee. However, I knew that I would never be able to name a sweet baby girl Maycee after marrying James and taking the last name Mason. Maycee Mason sounds like Casey Kasom (you know - the weekly Top 40 dude) and that's just weird. James really liked the name Jasmine, but #1 - I hated it and #2 - I didn't want to be one of those families where everyone's name started with the same letter (no offense to any of those that have decided to go that route). So that left us picking a girl's name from "scratch". Which ended up being really easy because one day I thought of the name Kendall and just knew it was right. James loved it, my mom (whose opinion is probably way too important to this 30 year old woman) liked it - all was well. It's the right mix of different without being pure crazy. As for the Anne - that was easy. My grandmother's name was Ann, my mom's name is LuAnn, and my middle name is Leann. Then I added the 'e' as another tribute to my grandmother, who shared my absolute obsession with reading and who gave me the book Anne of Green Gables when I was just starting to enjoy books.
So there you have it. Post me a comment with anything you'd like me (and Rachel) to blog about!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! Thanks for sharing. I love this. Getting to find out things I never would have known otherwise. It's kinda funny cause I always loved the name Peter but ran into the same thing you did with Maycee Mason--Peter Pittman would have just been cruel!
If you get some good ideas of posts be sure to pass them on!
Post a Comment