
Gosh - it's so hard to believe our little peanut is going to be 2 on Friday! I've always thought that time flew by, but once you have children - it's like double warp speed. It truly, truly seems like yesterday that I was excited about having her and now I'm looking at this cool little kid running around the house and talking my ear off. Thank you, Lord, for this precious child.
So much has changed in a year's time...it's amazing how much of a personality develops between 1 and 2. She's so smart and funny and stubborn and friendly and loving and trying - all wrapped up into 24 pounds of cuteness!
We're celebrating a couple of times - first on Friday with a lunch with immediate family - Nana, Papa, Mimi, Meema, Gdad and Sa Sa. I've ordered a special cake from Mad Hatters bakery in Durham, so we shall see if I'll be a repeat customer. Then we're celebrating again on Sunday with our BFFs - I'm having an even specialer (like that word?) cake made by Jenn and the kids are gonna play and we'll have dinner and love on each other (since we haven't really hung out in weeks...gotta love it when your kid loves your BFF's kids...makes things much easier).
Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Kendall! Wow I can't believe she is two either - and a precious 2 year old she is! Don't let these sweet years pass by - cherish them - they disappear so quickly!
Post a Comment