Thursday, December 3, 2009

Time flies

I'm always getting on other blog friends for not posting and I just realized that my last post was a month ago. I need to get on the ball.

A wise friend of mine recently told me that I should start writing down the funny (or at least funny to me) things that Kendall is doing so I don't forget. I figure "write down" in 2009 means type it, so here goes:

1. She talks up a storm (she gets it from her Papa, I think) and mostly gets words right, but there are a few that she says wrong and I can't bear to correct her: "koy" for toy, "rewash" for car wash (more on that later), "shone" for phone, "I luh you" for I love you...I will not correct it - it makes my heart smile to hear her mispronounce things.

2. She is OBSESSED with the rewash. James took her through a car wash last month and she talks about it. Every. Single. Day. She says the same thing every day "I went rewash daddy fun". Which of course means "I went to the car wash with daddy and it was fun". On family date night the other night, we took her through again and it just made her year.

3. She likes to know where everyone that she loves is at that very moment - especially on the way home from Nana's and at bedtime. She goes through the list of people and I have to tell her where they all are and when she'll see them again. Recently she's added new people to the list and it's quite long: Daddy (if he is at work), Nana (my mom), Papa (my dad), Mimi (Megan), MeeMa (James' mom), Gdad (James' dad), Sa Sa (James' sister), Aunt Cole (Nicole), Devwlan (Nicole's son Devlan, Kendall's future husband), Jew (Nicole's son Drew, who Kendall talks about ALL THE TIME, so maybe he's her future husband instead of Devlan??), BJ (self explanatory) and Jack Jack (her friend who broke his arm and Kendall tells me everyday that "Jack Jack arm broke"). It may not always be in this order, but it always contains these people. And sometimes we have to go through them more than once.

4. She is very into Christmas decorations and traditions. Last year she just wanted to eat the ornaments, so I didn't know what this year would bring, but she is WAY into it. We have an Elf on the Shelf named Elvesmere that she loves finding every morning. She helped put up the Christmas tree by gently placing her ornaments on the branches and the other day when we were going upstairs to take a nap, I noticed that she was trying to smuggle baby Jesus from the nativity scene upstairs with her.

Who knew kids could be so much fun?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Benjamin used to call Elmo, "La La" until someone felt it necessary to correct him (mother-in-law...)...Sarah Beth has a slew of words that she just doesnt' quite get right...Elmo is "Meemo", it's just way too cute. No need to correct them...they'll get it right eventually. :) I heart your Blog. :)