Saturday, June 13, 2009

Busy Saturday

Today was a craaaazy busy Saturday. We woke up early to get Kendall all dressed and ready for her first flower girl appearance. She was in my sister Lexie's wedding (dad and stepmom's oldest daughter). She looked absolutely precious and we were 30 seconds from walking out the door when she climbed up in a chair while I was pouring her some juice for the ride and dumped an entire cup of Mommy's Diet Pepsi down the front of her baby pink dress. I completely FREAKED out. I'm talking semi panic attack. Luckily, the wedding wasn't until 11, so we had time to wash and (mostly) dry the dress before Kendall's debut. Whew. Crises averted.

She did a really, really good job. She walked down the aisle like a champ. Unfortunately she decided that she liked prancing in front of everyone so much that she kept running across the church and I had to chase after her. Good thing I had on my running heels...

After the wedding, which was truly lovely, we came home and had a nap and then headed to a birthday party for a sweet LifeGroup kiddo. Let me just say that I'm going to have to step my birthday party game up if I'm going to "compete" with these LifeGroup mommies. They are like the queens of parties, for real. So far, we've had a pool party, a movie night under the stars (complete with popcorn), a lake cookout and today a treasure hunt. Good grannies!

No comments: