Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Life moves pretty fast...

I can hardly believe that it's the end of July. Summer is flying by, as time tends to do. Things are going really well for the Mason family. We're gearing up for our October vacation and I, for one, CAN'T WAIT!! This will be our first family vacation with just the 3 of us. We are usually crashing either my parent's vacation or his parent's vacation, so this year we're having our own! Because of an unexpected surgery that his dad has to have (more on that in a sec), his parents won't be able to use their timeshare in Hilton Head in October and they have graciously extended the offer for us to use it instead....like that took any thought whatsoever since Hilton Head is our favorite place on earth!

Unfortunately, James' dad is going to have to have a defibrillator implanted this coming Monday morning after suffering from an irregular heartbeat. He has a history of heart problems, including a triple bypass in 2000, so his cardiologist feels this is a good move for him to make. Of course, I'm nervous as all get out since I am somewhat of a spaz about...well, everything. But James' dad is very upbeat about the surgery and is glad that his doctors are being proactive.

I'm headed to a Beth Moore conference this weekend with my mom and lots of other ladies from Cross Culture. I'm very excited about going...these events are usually wonderful. Kendall will be staying overnight at James' parents for the first time. She has her own room over there, all decked out in purple paint and flowers and butterflies, so she'll be good to go.

Please pray for James' dad as he goes for his surgery...I really appreciate it!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I notice you didn't mention our prostitute ridden hotel arrangements for the conference....