Saturday, April 4, 2009

Have I ever mentioned...

...that I am INCREDIBLY impatient? It's a serious character flaw and I would love to say that it's something I'm working on...but I try not to lie, so I won't. My impatience has reared it's ugly head again this week as we took on our first major home project.

When we bought our home three years ago, one of the things that we really liked was the "natural" area in the back (aka a ton of trees). Ironically, we are now spending our hard earned money to have those trees removed because #1 I want my sweet baby Kendall to have a real backyard to run around in and #2 a gigantore tree fell the other night during a storm and although it (thankfully) didn't hit anything, it freaked me out. So, yesterday Honest Tree Service (yes, that was really their name) came and removed not one, not two, but seventeen trees from our yard. Mostly in the back, but a few in the front, too.

So I guess I thought that the landscape fairy was going to land in our backyard overnight and I would wake up to beautiful grass and a swing set and a little water fall with those rocks that are really radios playing Kenny G to sooth my nerves. Instead I woke up to a truly overwhelming pile of mulch from the tree chipper, ugly bare spots where I wonder if grass will ever grow and a headache from the chain saws that were running for 11 hours yesterday.

Of course my husband is always the epitome of composure and knows just how to deal with me. As I stood on top of the pile of mulch and screeched that I wanted it gone RIGHT THIS MINUTE, he calmly told me to "quit freaking out, babe." So I will. Just don't drive by my house right now because you would laugh.

In other news, my darling baby is sick. She's been running fever, has snot for days (she definitely got her gross snot issues from her daddy), and is just laying around the house. Poor baby. Of course, it's viral. I took her to the doctor yesterday and they ruled out everything else.

So Kendall and I are planning on spending the remainder of our Saturday vegging out on the couch watching Pinky Dinky Doo and dreaming of less congestion and newly laid sod...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Maybe we could wear Drew out by having he and Devlan spread out all that mulch. They'll work for real cheap, like $1 for a whole days work.