It's been so cool lately to see Kendall experiencing new things and learning new things. It seems like everyday is an opportunity to show her something she's never seen before, or to have her try a new food or try to get her to say a new word. So far this week she has learned: how to throw things off our back deck, the word "baby", that tater tots should be a required food group, what a snail looks like, how to help us do her hair, that throwing an absolute fit at Southpoint Mall will not result in mommy and daddy letting her run wild like she wants to (that one was a fun learning experience for everyone involved)...I could go on and on. She is just a joy to hang out with. I never thought in those first few sleep deprived week that I'd actually be the mommy of a cool little kid, but I am!
The back yard looks a little better. All of the brush is gone and the stumps should be ground today. We ended up cutting down like 25 trees in all. We've got a plan drawn up by James' good friend, Ryan, who owns a landscaping company and pretty soon I'll have a Better Homes and Gardens yard! I can't wait!
I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend. My next 6 weeks will be slammed every weekend, so I'm going to enjoy doing nothing. It's supposed to be extremely pretty here, so I'm thinking Kendall and I will head to the park for a picnic and let the sun shine on our (sun screened) faces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jen, she is so beautiful...every time I see her, she is more precious. Hope you are well and enjoyed your trip to the park. :)
Jen Stevens
Post a Comment