Kendall finally had her 1 year check up today. She was a little late getting in because she had been sick. Anyhoo - everything is looking good. She handled her first finger prick like a trooper. She didn't even whimper. Just looked at the guy like he was crazy and then became interested in her blood pouring out. I think she has a future in the medical field.
Her stats:
Weight 19 pounds, 12 ounces - 25th percentile
Length 29 1/2 inches - 50th percentile
Head I can't remember - 85th percentile
So of course I freaked out and asked him what's wrong with my child's noggin. He said that nothing is wrong since it's always been big. Um, thanks doc. Seriously, he explained that her head circumference has always been 85th percentile, so he isn't concerned. Then he made some lame joke about her hat size. At that point I wanted to kick him in the throat for talking about my child's sweet head not once, but twice. I remained calm, however. No worries.
He was pleased that she's walking, saying a couple of words and feeding herself. He told me that she needs more milk than she's getting, which is difficult since he wants me to take her off the bottle and she absolutely refuses to drink milk from her cup. Juice or water from the cup is fine. But not milk. She gets a mouthful of milk, then opens her mouth and lets is pour right out. Every. Single. Time.
We're off to the beach this weekend with my parents and Megan. James has to work, so he gets to stay home and hold down the fort. I am very excited to see how KK will react to the beach this go round. She was itty bitty last time she saw the sand. It's supposed to be pretty nice this weekend, so I'm sure we'll take her to play and get nice and gritty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Andrew head size was always in the 95th percentile. Talk about a giant noggin!!! What makes matters worse is the fact his body size was always between the 15-25%, little body with a giant head.
Forget child hats for this family, he has an adult hat for the beach.
Post a Comment