Friday, December 19, 2008

Weekend festivities

So I guess I'm the hostess with the mostess this holiday season. Last year I was a grinch in the worst way on account of my pregnancy discomfort. The year before that I wasn't confident enough of my "skills" to have anyone over. This year, however, I'll invite you over even if I don't know you. I think it's because I'm proud of my fireplace motif. I went crazy and got some sparkly poinsettias and I think I should be on MTV Cribs.

Anyhoo - this weekend we're having two events here. Tomorrow, my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and two of my sister-in-law's good friends are coming over for lunch. This is the second girls lunch we've had with Sonya's friends and it really makes me feel good to have them over. I was convinced for a while that Sonya didn't care much for me, but ever since Kendall has been born, we're like in-law BFFs. It's great.

Then Sunday evening, we're having my dad, stepmom and three sisters over for finger foods and to exchange PRESENTS!! WOO HOO! It'll be fun to see my sisters...especially Lexie and Lindsay who are in college in Florida. I haven't seen them in months. However, I'm wiggin out because I bought discount movie tickets for the whole family for Christmas and guess what WAS NOT in the mail this week? Yep - the tickets. We'll have to go to plan B if they're not in the mail tomorrow. (If anyone has suggestions for a Plan B, please let me know).

1 comment:

Jessie said...

How rude to mention something super cute as a fireplace decoration and not include a picture.

You go hostess with the mostess.