Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

Thanksgiving is here again! Seems like only yesterday I was making a sugar-free pumpkin cheesecake, rubbing my huge belly and feeling Kendall kick. My how things have changed in a year!! Kendall still kicks, but now it's when I'm trying to change her diaper. Any cheesecake that I eat this year will definitely have sugar and I am so full of love and gratitude that I feel like my heart will burst at any moment. So - some serious things that I am thankful for, then some not-so-serious things:

* The relationship that I have with Jesus. It's been tough this year. I've let down my end of the relationship too many times to count. I've allowed "stuff" - some important, some not important - to busy my time. I've been lazy. But He forgives me and I don't deserve that grace, but I'm thankful for it.

* My precious husband. I've seen a side of James since the birth of Kendall that literally amazes me. He's gentle and patient, sweet and loving and it just melts my heart.

* My daughter. I've never known such a love. She's the answer to so many prayers, the source of so much laughter and joy. Oh, how I pray that the Lord will use me to direct her to Him and that her days would be full of serving Him. Words fail me when I think of her.

* Our extended family. They have supported us, prayed for us, given to us out of their love for us...they are so wonderful. Mom, who blesses us by taking care of Kendall during the day. Ronnie, who lights up when he sees her. Megan, who shows a tenderness with Kendall that I've never seen her display before. James' parents, who always anticipate our physical needs. And on and on.

* My LifeGroup. I was hesitant about the whole LifeGroup thing. I didn't understand that it would change my life forever. I've never had friends like this before...friends that are in the trenches with me, that love my child like their own, that I know pray for me, that make me laugh, that tell me when I'm being a brat. This is not to say that I don't have amazing friends outside of this group. Of course I do and I'm so grateful for them. I just really believe that the Lord answered a cry of my heart - one that I hadn't even voiced audibly - with these families.

Okay - I could go on forever - my home, our jobs, our cars, food, warmth...but here's a few that I just have to throw out there, they seem trivial, but I am genuinely thankful for them:

* My new cell phone. It barely ever drops calls (unlike the piece of junk I had before), has large numbers and I totally heart my keypad for texting.

* Portrait Innovations. They are cheap, they are quick and they take great pictures. And hello - you get to change clothes while you're there! You totally feel like a model when you get to change clothes.

* The blue snot sucker that they give you in the hospital. This thing has really come through for us given that Kendall has the thickest, stickiest snot known to mankind. Sucks it right out.

* Rotisserie chickens. Man, those things are good. And cheap, fast, ready to go. Love them.

And last, but certainly not least - Redbox. Megan turned me on to $1.00 movies and I'm never looking back.

I pray that you and yours have an awesome time of thanks giving. Be safe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's sweet of you to say about me. I love Kendall more than life itself. Also, I'm not sorry about turning you into a Redbox addict. I myslef am also one and I don't plan on going back to renting anytime soon.