So - I haven't blogged in a while and I saw that other people had done the "100 Things"...never one to miss out on all the fun, I had to do it, too:
1. I am a Christ follower. Although I don’t get it right a lot of the time, my goal every day is to live a life that please Jesus.
2. I married “up”…seriously – my husband is the kindest, most sincere, hardest working, devastatingly handsome, funny man I’ve ever known. And He loves Jesus…what more could a woman want?
3. I love being a mommy.
4. But I didn’t at first…those first two weeks were C.R.A.Z.Y.
5. I feel guilty for even writing that, but it’s true.
6. I work with the K-5th graders at church and absolutely adore it. I really feel like it’s my “thing” to be in there with those kids. They make me smile.
7. I put garlic in everything I cook. Well, almost everything…I’ve never made garlic carrot cake or banana nut garlic muffins. But I’d try both of those.
8. I’m adventurous when it comes to food. I’ll try anything once. Some of my favorite foods are things that a lot of people won’t even try…like sushi…and potted meat.
9. I’m not adventurous about anything else.
10. I HATE roller coasters. You will never, ever in a million years get me on one. The last time I was on one was when I was like 20 and I literally cried. Real tears of fear. I hate them.
11. My favorite drink is Diet Mountain Dew. I could drink it all day, everyday.
12. I’d never had a real pet until I had Colby (the cat). My parents bought me a full-grown lab when I asked for a puppy as a child and he terrified me. So yeah, my first attempt at being a pet owner was ole’ Colby. He doesn’t live with us anymore.
13. I’m not a good pet owner.
14. I’m terrified of ticks. The thought of one of those sucking my life blood FREAKS me out.
15. I like to play “my people, your people” with James…as in making fun of racial stereotypes with him. Mostly his are funnier about white people…for example I say “his people” will drive a piece of junk as long as it has nice rims. He says “my people” do stupid stuff like wrestle alligators and bungee jump.
16. In all reality, James and I both hate racism, but understand that it’s a part of life and even find ourselves thinking racially uncool things from time to time.
17. Contrary to what most people think, I don’t generally worry about how Kendall will fare in the world as a biracial child. I had someone ask me how I would “deal” with people talking about her because of her mixed race. I refuse to live in fear of this. She will be brought up knowing that the Lord blessed our lives with her and that mommy and daddy are madly in love and that Jesus loves her more than she can imagine. Race just isn’t going to enter in to it. Sorry, I went off on a tangent there.
18. I tend to go off on tangents from time to time.
19. I have the best group of girlfriends imaginable. They make my heart happy.
20. My mom is my best friend. Some people throw that out there and don’t really mean it. I really mean it. She’s fantastic.
21. I pray that I’m as good a mom as she is.
22. My family is somewhat confusing. My mom and Donnie dad had me, then split up. Mom married my Ronnie dad and they had Megan. Ronnie also had Little Ronnie from a previous life. My Donnie dad married Putt (yes that really is my stepmom’s name) and had Lexie, Lindsay, and Allie. So I have 4 sisters and a brother. However, when I say “my parents” in general conversation, I’m talking about mom and Ronnie. And when I say “my sister” in general conversation, I’m talking about Megan. Nothing against my other family…I just grew up in the house from age 4 on with mama, Ronnie and Megan (when she came along).
23. People have known me for years and still don’t understand all that…don’t worry – there won’t be a quiz.
24. I only went to college for a year. At ECU. I was wild and came home and got a j.o.b. I regret not finishing school. But I wouldn’t have met James had I finished school because we met at the aforementioned j.o.b.
25. I love the smell of fresh cut grass.
26. I almost lost my mind when Kendall had cradle cap. I like to pick at things and I nearly drove that poor child bonkers picking at her scalp.
27. Until a couple of weeks ago, I was too scared to cut Kendall’s nails with the clippers, so I bit them off. You may think it’s nasty, but such is life.
28. Such is life is my new favorite phrase. I say it way too much.
29. I have 2 tattoos that I got when I was completely wild and I strongly dislike both of them and have looked into laser removal. It’s expensive.
30. I’m not against tattoos. I just don’t like mine.
31. I cannot keep a plant alive to save my life. Or its life, for that matter.
32. I still haven’t decided if I want Kendall to go to private school or public school. I see pros and cons for both.
33. I listen to AM radio most of the time. I like hearing political talk shows, the weekend mechanic, the weekend gardener and the dude that talks about old movies. I’m a dork.
34. I used to lay in the tanning bed all the time. James x-nayed that as soon as we got married.
35. I think tanned fat looks better than white fat.
36. I love my Christmas ornaments. I’ll never have one of those trees where all the ornaments have a color scheme because I’ve got ornaments all the way back from the year I was born and I will never get rid of them.
37. I was gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with Kendall. Which meant that Thanksgiving and Christmas weren’t too fun food-wise this year.
38. I tried to make a sugar free pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving and sugar free peanut butter and jelly cookies for Christmas…both were disgusting.
39. I’m very grateful for our armed forces, but am always too chicken to tell a uniformed officer that when I see them out and about.
40. I prefer to fly when we have to go a long distance, but am nervous the entire flight.
41. The longest car ride I ever took was last April to Orlando with my family. Going there was alright. Coming back was so miserable I still have flashbacks.
42. Taco Bell is my favorite fast food restaurant. I heart nachos.
43. I love spicy food. I feel like I can hold my own against most run-of-the-mill spicy food eaters. Not those psychos that go to conventions or anything, but average people.
44. I have more lotion than I know what to do with and never, ever wear it.
45. I’ve been to Puerto Rico twice on mission trips and loved both trips.
46. I can’t wait to go somewhere else on mission, but wonder why I don’t get as excited about sharing Christ when I’m at the mall or pumping gas.
47. I love pictures of those that are close to my heart. My house is literally full of pictures – on the fridge, on the walls, on the mantel. It’s my decorating theme, apparently.
48. I took swimming lessons at the YMCA when I was little. I was in the guppy group.
49. I don’t know how to swim.
50. If you throw me in, I’ll be alright. I can doggy paddle like a champ.
51. I like the ocean and swimming pools, but lakes gross me out. Stagnant water without filters = gross.
52. I love Kendall’s feet…I kiss them all the time.
54. I am almost ready to get pregnant again…then I remind myself that my uterus needs a break.
55. I’m obsessed with keeping track of Britney Spears’ life. I don’t know why. I never liked her music or anything.
56. I read People magazine every week. It’s a guilty pleasure type of thing. I don’t want to hear it…
57. I have a Life is Good coffee mug that I drink out of here at work and I like it sitting on my desk.
58. I like having a desk.
59. I also like having a badge.
60. My badge picture is one of the worst I’ve ever taken.
61. I like being in pictures. I’m a ham from way back.
62. When I was little, Ronnie took a picture of me in a circle of crayons. It was cool.
63. Hummingbirds are amazing to me.
64. I really feel like God shows His love to us through the four seasons. He knows right when we’re tired of a certain season and BAM! He changes it to another one.
65. I like the fair, but I’m scared of the rides. And the cost.
66. I once lost my cousin at the fair. My aunt told me to hold her hand and the next thing I knew she was gone. We looked for her for hours and finally found her at the Red Cross Building.
67. I’ve never minded having blood drawn or getting shots…that is until I had my IV during labor. That thing HURT. Now I’m scared of needles.
68. I worry every time Kendall gets vaccinated that I’m doing the wrong thing.
69. I worry about most things. Seriously. I’ve gotten a lot better over the years. But I really do worry too much.
70. I love Vacation Bible School and am a little bummed out that our new church won’t have one. Any chance to act goofy with a bunch of kids and I’m down.
71. I’ve never met a cheese I didn’t like.
72. Blue cheese is one of my faves and I really missed it when I was preggers.
73. I hate it when people say preggers.
74. I didn’t mind people rubbing my belly. But I was only comfortable with a select few actually talking to it. Not that my being uncomfortable stopped anyone from doing it.
75. My jewelry box is a disorganized mess and it drives me crazy.
76. My birth stone is emerald. I don’t really like it that much.
77. My favorite flowers are daisies and tulips.
78. I’m on a kick where I buy a boquet of cheap, fresh cut flowers every week at the grocery store for a vase that’s in my entry way. It makes me feel good every time I see it.
79. I love to cook for people.
80. I love to try new recipes.
81. My in-laws are truly amazing. Not as amazing as my parents, but amazing just the same.
82. I used to make up songs about beach pollution when I was little and bored.
83. I also used to type things when I was little and bored. I would just get a magazine or book and type it until I got tired. That’s how come I can type so fast now. It’s also how come I have loser tendencies.
84. I have no problem making fun of myself and it doesn’t come from a lack of self esteem. I really just find humor in my personality traits.
85. I love to read. I’ll read most anything in good taste.
86. When James snores at night, I pretend to “roll over” and “accidentally” hit him.
87. My favorite pair of capri pants came from Goodwill.
88. I just discovered Ulta and like it better than Sephora.
89. I like chewy candy, like chewy Runts or chewy Sweet Tarts.
90. I don’t like butterscotch or toffee.
91. When James is working late, I’m afraid to fall asleep without the TV on.
92. Flying insects wig me out.
93. I want to go to Africa and go on a safari. Even though I’ll probably be terrified.
94. One of my good friends is from South Africa, so this could actually happen one day.
95. I had acne in 9th grade. It was horrible.
96. James and I went to the same orthodontist.
97. I just finished a Beth Moore Bible study. It was so good, I’m going to go back through it.
98. I grew up going to the beach almost every weekend. At the time, I didn’t like it. Now I can only wish.
99. I love to take naps. It’s like my favorite thing to do. Kendall and I took a 2 hour nap last weekend and it was lovely.
100. I had chicken pox on my 13th birthday.
101. I wore a polka dotted outfit on my first day back to school after the chicken pox and this boy named David made fun of me.
102. I remember odd things.
Oh wow...see how much I liked doing that? I even gave you a little bonus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Very cool!!! I think your hilarious. So many things in common but I can't remember them. I did get a headache trying to figure out your family.
You're a nut!! I miss you. My email from work keeps bouncing yours and Sarah's emails back to me, so email me at jenniferhart_74@yahoo.com
I hope you are good. Kendall is GORGEOUS!!!! Just beautiful!!!
Love you
Jen Stevens
thanks for sharing.
i got this email on my phone, initially, and you can imagine all the scrolling that ensued!
I really enjoyed reading that. Stan did too. He called me in about the race thing cause he was laughing so hard and he wanted me to read it right then and not wait for my turn. I hope you are doing well. Sorry you got stuck talking to Stan the other night. :)
Post a Comment