Wednesday, November 30, 2011

D is for Disney

I am so stinkin excited.  What started out as a random "wonder if we could go to Disney anytime soon?" turned into a full blown WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY IN 10 DAYS!!!! 

See James' parents are timeshare aficionados from way back (like multiple decades back) and have more than one week in more than one place.  This year, they decided to give us a week to use.  Instead of our normal Hilton Head vacation, I wondered out loud if we could trade it for a Florida week instead.  And the next thing I knew, we were booked into here and going to Disney.

I haven't been since I was in 9th grade and I am super duper excited.  Kendall is through the roof ecstatic.  James is pumped.  Raegan couldn't care less, but she's going even though Nana has asked no less than 83 times if I'd rather leave Rae with her for the week.  I considered this before I realized what a laid back baby Raegan would be.  Homegirl should breeze through the trip nicely (watch - she'll hit a growth spurt, start teething and give up sleeping through the night when we get there).

Here is our tentative mommy itinerary:

Saturday - Fly down and arrive around 5pm-ish.  Check into hotel.  Go to grocery store for essentials.  Possibly eat at Downtown Disney.

Sunday - Magic Kingdom - 8am reservation at Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh and friends), 2pm reservation at Cinderella's Castle (yes, I've heard the food is bad.  It's okay with us.  We just want to sit in the castle).

Monday - Hollywood Studios - 8am reservation at Chef Mickey's (which is stressing me out because it's at another resort, but there is literally NOTHING else available for Chef Mickey's and if I don't get a Mickey Mouse ear waffle I could be emotionally scarred for life), 3pm reservation at Hollywood Brown Derby, 6:30 reserved seating for Fantasmic! (which I think is probably going to scare Kendall, but if I'm riding Dumbo she can take one for the team), check out Osborne dancing Christmas lights.

Tuesday - Free day during the day and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party that night at Magic Kingdom (it's gonna snow on Main Street!)

Wednesday - Free day - we'll be out til midnight on Tuesday, so I'm sure we'll want to take it easy.

Thursday - Animal Kingdom - 1pm reservation at Tusker House (which now offers their safari character experience with Mickey and the gang at lunch).

Friday - Free day - we have park tickets to use, but nothing set in stone

Saturday - Fly back around 1ish.

Now, I know that this won't go as planned and I'm not super stressed about everything working perfectly.  I know that there is no way to see all of Disney in a week or even a month.  So we're going to enjoy ourselves and not feel rushed and just experience the magic that is Disney at Christmastime. 

Provided I get my Mickey Mouse waffle, of course.

No comments: