Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tag!

Ya'll know I'm a sucker for any type of "tag" or survey, so when my sweet friend Rachel P posted a tag, I couldn't resist. Here goes:

1. Tell me something great as of late.
- Our vacation was, in a word, great. We went to the beach, dined out, took naps, went to the pool, saw alligators, ate sushi, laughed, laughed and laughed. It was our first vacation with just our little family, but it will not be the last. There is absolutely nothing like waking up everyday for a week straight with only your loves to be with. I am more in love with my husband and daughter than I ever could have imagined.

2. Tell me something hard as of late.
-Consistency with disciplining Kendall is hard. She is such a precious, smart, funny, lively little girl but she is also strong-willed (and I don't use that term lightly - I've read the book). There are days when I feel like I'm doing a pretty horrible job at the whole mommy thing if my 21 month old is already acting so heinous. Luckily she makes up for those days when she tells me she loves me. Most beautiful sound in the world.

3. Tell me something about your family. Good. Bad. Funny.
-Good - My parents are home more now that the winter season is here. While the goal of their ministry is to be full time at the beach, I don't think this winter season will be the start of that, so they'll be around lots.
-Bad - I have a loved one that is my extended family really going through a hard time right now. It's been on my mind a lot.
-Funny - Kendall got rain boots while we were at the beach and insists on wearing them all the time. You can check out Facebook for proof. The child would wear them to bed if she could. Granted, they are pretty cute.

4. Tell me something about your friends.
-They do my heart good and we're heading for a girl's weekend at the beach in a couple of weeks and I can't wait. It's cold so I don't have to squeeze into a bathing suit and I get to be with my girlfriends - doesn't get much better than that.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! I'm so glad you took the tag. Such a great way to catch up on little things. I might make it a monthly thing.

So jealous of the girls weekend! I know you all will have such a fabulous time. I'm planning like 20 for the Fall of 2011 so keep a weekend free for me! :)

Nicole said...

Are we there yet?