For 20 months now I've avoided it. We've had a couple of almost blow outs, but nothing I would classify as truly disgusting.
Until tonight.
We're in the Kroger check out line when Kendall says "I poop". No biggie - she says "I poop" all the time - when she pees, when she breaks wind, when she's trying to make me laugh. Then I smell her. Still no biggie - obviously she actually did poop this time, so we'll take care of it when we get home. We live 2 minutes from Kroger, so I finished checking out - buckled her in the car and went home. Got her out of the car and saw that she wasn't joking. The kid definitely pooped. Took her upstairs and proceeded to take her pants off and saw that said poop was not only in her diaper, it was in her pants, in her shirt, up her back, on her leg. She started screamed "ewwww" and crying, I'm gagging and telling her it's alright.
And then I did what any other mother would do. I took her clothes off and threw them in the trash - didn't even consider sending that vile smelling stuff through my washer.
I guess I should consider myself lucky that she's 20 months old and we've just had our first truly disgusting blow out. Ahh - the joys of motherhood. I wonder what James would have done??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
James probably would have stripped her down outside and hosed her off! :)
Aren't blowouts the absolute best? Because they NEVER do them at home. Ever. Ever, ever. Always out in public, where you are literally, 2 minutes from home, but the clothes are a mess, the seat is a mess...UGH! :) Sarah Beth is like Kendall, she says "B Beth poot!" whether she pees, poops or does, infact, poot! Gotta love it. :)
Post a Comment