Thursday, August 14, 2008

So I do realize...

...that the purpose of this blog it to write about my sweet Kendall (or Kendy as she's been dubbed by her future husband) and I haven't done that well with that as of late. I shall remedy the situation right this minute.

Life has been busy and Kendall is growing like a weed. Boy, I hate that phrase. I'm gonna change it. Kendall is growing like a yellow tulip in spring. There, that's more fitting because like a tulip, my girl is blossoming every day. Her beauty amazes me, her personality engages me and her attitude (when it rears it's ugly head) makes me want to re-read Shepherding a Child's Heart right now.

New developments:

She eats solids now. We're doing twice a day, usually fruit in the morning and veggie mixed with rice cereal in the evening. She likes everything that I've given her so far. Tonight she had butternut squash and she wasn't exactly thrilled, but she ate. I've been trying to make a lot of her food (making up for the mommy guilt I feel over not breastfeeding) and it's a lot of fun. Here's a look at my stash at the moment:




There you see carrots, sweet potatoes, apples and squash. Hungry?

She also has two little teeth. Bottom fronts. Very cute. Very sharp. She chews on and slobbers on everything in sight, so I'm thinking more are to come. I'm going to mess her gummy smile, but the teeth are cute too.

She doesn't crawl, but rolls wherever she needs to go. If she seems something across the room that she wants, she'll get it...she'll just roll 529 times until she gets there.

She loves her exersaucer (bought from Amazon...she also has one at Nana's that her friends Kirby and Bennett gave her before they moved) and her hobby horse that she borrowed from her friend Wyatt. (Don't think that I am unaware that she has mostly guy friends...this could be problematic). Here's pics of her enjoying both of those.

She says da da da da da da da da, but not really anything else. I've heard her say mama once, but of course no one was around and no one believes me. As if I would lie. Haters, the whole lot of them.

She usually sleeps pretty well, although it's not unheard of her for her to wake in the middle of the night for a bottle. The doctor said I should probably try to break her of that, but I figure she's got her mama's appetite and I'm not gonna NOT feed the child if she's hungry (or if she's screaming).

And yes, she's still swaddled at night. She won't go to sleep otherwise. Drives me batty.

James and I are doing well. We just celebrated our 4 year anniversary. Can't believe it's been 4 whole years. Wowzers. We're very involved at Cross Culture and are part of the best LifeGroup known to mankind. This has led to very close friendships with some awesome, awesome ladies. They will call me out if need be, they pray for me, they love my daughter like none other and they make me laugh...good grannies, do they ever make me laugh. Our LifeGroup is such an answer to my heart's cry and it is so cool to me how God cares enough about me that he wants to give me my hearts desires...down to girlfriends to act crazy with.
Anyhoo - I've talked your head off. I'll try to do better about posting...

2 comments:

Jessie said...

That is so cool you make your own food. I thought about it, got overwhelmed, and quit.
I love seeing pictures of her because she is so beautiful. I just love her lips and big eyes.

Anonymous said...

She is SO PRETTY!!!! You know, I have said, she would look MIGHTY pretty beside my Benjamin. :)
Sarah Beth is JUST NOW getting teeth...she's almost 17 months old and has one little peeper showing through. Just one, but my girl can eat more than anyone in the house!!!! She's walking, babbling, saying "Daddy", "Mama", "Benbe (for Benjamin)", "Baabee (baby)", "Spodur" (spider)...she's not doing things as quickly as benjamin did but she's coming along. I hope you and James are good, I miss you so much. :(. Stay safe in the storm, don't blow away. We got out of school at noon today. We came home and we all took a nap! :) MUCH NEEDED!
Love you!
Jennifer